Sunday, February 4, 2007

car accident

Engl1020: Post 4

Originally I had intended to write this post about Buffalo Wild Wings Bar & Grill where I had planned to go to watch the Super Bowl with my boyfriend and some friends, however, on the way there from work something happened . . .

I was driving out from my work, going straight through an intersection when a car turning left, coming towards me nearly side-swiped me. I laid on my horn knowing I had the right-of-way, irritated I continued through the intersection, and then I woke up.

I thought it was morning and I had just come into consciousness, but I noticed that the familiar sound of my alarm clock was absent in the background. I opened up my eyes and noticed a silver Honda symbol. My throbbing head lifted and I saw that I had been resting my forehead on my steering wheel.

I looked up at a shattered windshield with a teal colored Geo Metro smashed onto the front drivers-side of my brand new car. Devastated, I closed my eyes.

I felt a falling feeling like when waking up from a nightmare, I opened my eyes to see my boyfriend, boss, some paramedics looking back down at me. I was already strapped to a cold yellow backboard with a head stabilizer and I was being lowered to the ground from a standing position. Explains the falling feeling . . .

I was lifted onto a rolling cart, I call it a cart for lack of the proper word (I’m still heavily drugged). In the ambulance the paramedics were asking me my basics, name, age, location, address, parent’s contact’s etcetera, most things I could remember, however, to my astonishment, some I could not.

When I arrived at the hospital I was told that I had called my boyfriend, and told him about the accident, and since he only lived a block away, he got there quickly. The other driver had called the paramedics, and my boss, who saw the accident from work called my parents. I didn’t even remember getting out of my car or calling my boyfried. If I was coherent I believe that I would have called my mom second, and 911 first, but I didn’t call either.

I also learned that the person at fault was 14, did not have a drivers licence, was not a legal resident of the United States, and had a stolen car, with expired tags.
My insurance would have to pay.

Thank god for full coverage.

Without it, I would have been done for.

My observational essay will contain my experience at Good Samaritan hospital for their link click here.

For the link to my insurance company and their policies click here.

For the link to my car including it’s safety features click here.

I apologize to anyone reading this post, I am ashamed of it to say the least I was rushed, and I am under the influence of heavy pain medications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home