Friday, January 26, 2007

Open Your Eyes To: My Fantasy World

Engl1020: Post 1

Where do I spend my time hours a week? Online, with my head buried in the MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role play game), Dark Throne. This fantasy realm set in the medieval era is my escape from reality, my fresh breath of air when life just keeps getting in my face. This website is a world shared by thousands and yet, it is all my own. It is an alternate reality where I shape my destiny; I am in control, not my parents, my teachers, my friends, or my luck. In this universe, knowledge, strategy, leadership, skill, commitment, and drive have comprised who I am and will determine who I will become.

This addictive fantasy world instantaneously captures the viewers focus and attention with an emerald backdrop. The backdrop is topped by a radiant gold heading spotted with small droplets of crimson blood reading the label “Dark Throne”.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the left of this heading is the image of a warrior with a glowing gaze that seems to be staring right through the computer at the viewer of the page.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once the viewers’ attention is initially captured, their eyes will automatically wander to the black box at the heart of the page. The black box was intentionally meant to be a focal point of the page because this my friends, is where you sign up, interested? Click here to experience the magic of Dark Throne!

Dark Throne is an online based communication of multi-cultural and multi-national players based on teamwork, cooperation, diplomacy, negotiation, skill building, and resource management. It is a text-based webpage and adheres to the basic coded standards of any site, with ad’s, sponsors, tabs, graphics, a comprehensible layout. However, in the field of altering conventions Dark Throne provides users the opportunity to cooperate with each other as well as the chance to compete against each other whether players choose to do so individually or banded together.

Traditional print/paper-based writing can be used to communicate with individuals with the creation of letters and notes or to mass communicate with newspapers. However, with the advanced technology in internet based mediums you are able to communicate with people in relatively small amounts of time. In Dark Throne you are able to communicate with fair sized groups in small amounts of time via open forums; and instantly with individuals via messaging. For Dark Throne alliance leaders, such as myself, there is a feature called mass-messaging in which the user can send a message to all members of a given alliance instantly.

This capability assists in tactful, well planned, and organized attacks on enemy alliances; which in turn strengthen the given alliance and in turn promotes membership. Mass messaging also allows leaders to post attack targets for dominant enemy accounts so that members with accounts in range of the targets can assist in diminishing those accounts with assassinations and attacks, thus weakening enemy forces and helping the alliance reign supreme. Think about it, don’t we all have the internal desire to reign supreme?

8 Comments:

Blogger JAcosta said...

I think your blog is very creative and unique. You could tell that you have put a lot of work in to your blog, it looks very good. I really like the pictures of you and I assume is Wesley on your blog, the pictures look very professional. As I was reading your first post, I remembered the last multi-player game I played on line, which was Diablo. This was probably over four to five years ago. The game was very entertaining and addicting. Maybe, around summer time when I don’t have to worry about school work I will try playing Dark Throne.

January 27, 2007 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Liz Benton said...

I thought that you did a really good job writing your first post, you grabbed the reader's attention almost immediately. You did a good job illustrating and explaining the website that you chose and you did it in a way that made sense to someone like me who does not frequent websites of that nature. I also liked how you included images instead of just hyperlinks; they helped to convey your point. By relating it to your personal life, I feel that it added a very personal touch to it making it understandable why you chose the website to write your post about.

January 28, 2007 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger jaki.my said...

The best thing in your first post is your use of tone. Through it you are able to convey your personality and also captivate the reader by making it seem as if one is not simply reading but listening to a friend. Another thing you do well is describe the fantasy game. I myself don't really like game of any kind very much but in the way that you described how much fun it was and how much it distracted you even I considered looking into. Also, the way you designed your blog is pretty amazing.

January 28, 2007 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Jiarui Xie said...

hello~i really like the way you create your blog and good job on the writing! you and your boyfriend look so sweet in the pictures. im not a computer person actually, so could you teach me how to create blogs like yours? and im looking forward to read your next assignment.
have fun in college!

January 29, 2007 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Brady Tucker said...

g

January 29, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

I really enjoyed reading your post number one. I like the way you describe the web site. In my opinion, it's really cool that there is a web site where no one really cares about your race, gender, or nationality. The way you write is very attention grabbing and that's what I like the most. I used to play games like that myself, but then I became more and more busy and ended up not having time for it at all. After reading your post, it makes me want to play them again and I think I will. Good job!

January 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 Kiwi. Its so cute. I wanna cry.

February 2, 2007 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

November 10, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home